BENEFIT SOFTWARE has developed the Environmental Module in order to fulfill the increasing need of Shipping Companies for monitoring and controlling fossil fuel emissions (CO2, SOx and NOx) as well as Garbage and Fuel Residues on board in accordance with international regulations.
The Environmental Module works in tandem with BENEFIT Vessel Performance Module, retrieving all the necessary data for the calculation of the emissions from the latter, thus relieving crew from the burden to maintain multiple records.
With the Environmental Module you will be able to:
- Calculate the CO2, SOx and NOx emissions using known established algorithms.
- Calculate the CO2 Energy Efficiency Operational Indicator (EEOI) in full accordance to the MEPC.1/Circ.684 regulations.
- Calculate operational indexes of SOx and NOx similar to the CO2 EEOI in order to assess emissions in connection to carried cargo and travelled distances.
- Analyse emissions per Vessel, Time (Quarter, Semester, Year) and Voyage.
- Keep records of the Garbage disposal as per Revised MARPOL Annex V (MEPC.62/24 Annex 13, 2011) with respect to the data required to be logged, the different garbage categories and the disposal alternatives (incinerated, at sea, at shore).
- Log disposal of Sludges, Bilges and other liquid fuel residues in terms of quantity disposed.
- Calculate the production of garbage and residues per category for a period from the disposed quantities.
- Produce reports per Vessel, Period and Category of garbage or residue.
- Produce the results in graphical as well as tabular way.