BENEFIT SOFTWARE has developed the Vetting Module in order to assist shipping companies in recording and monitoring inspections performed by the oil majors on tanker vessels.
With the Vetting Module you will be able to:
- Record all stages of inspection in the application form:
- Vessel, Major, application date & requested port for inspection.
- Availability for inspection, inspector and place & date of inspection.
- Receive reports from OCIMF and response to SIRE (send by & date).
- Approval or not from major and expiry date.
- Register Code of Question (selection from SIRE Vessel Inspection Questionnaires) and Inspector comments for every deficiency.
- Attach comments from master, inspector evaluation form from master and other documents related to the inspection to the application form.
- Allow the superintendent to register the answer for every deficiency and upload the answers that have been registered for the same question, in previous inspections.
- Allow the person responsible to close deficiencies or schedule them to close during next DD. They can also be marked for review purposes.
- Automatically create and distribute cumulative lists of inspection findings to the vessels. All cumulative lists of findings are archived for historical purposes.
- Monitor status of approvals for a group of vessels & majors in a combined report.
- Monitor scheduled plan and vetting inspections in progress.
- View outstanding deficiencies based on due date and inspections approaching expiration for all vessels or specific fleet in a combined report.
- View a history of inspections & deficiencies based on multiple criteria.
- View details of successful & unsuccessful inspections per Major or vessel and average deficiencies per inspection. The same information is generated for the entire fleet.
- Analyze findings per VIQ chapter & question.
- Carry out Route Cause Deficiencies Analysis.
- Perform a statistical analysis for a specific period of successful & unsuccessful inspections and average deficiencies per inspection, per Superintendent, Master, Ch. Engineer and Vetting Inspector.
- Compare vetting inspections & internal vetting inspections based on VIQ check list.
- Analyze findings of inspections per VIQ chapter & Question from invited inspector.
- Create Master’s evaluation forms for invited inspector.
- Automatically create a list with the items to be reviewed and send it to the vessel to remind of the pendencies.
- Follow up pending deficiencies that are to be closed or reviewed.
Security / Audit
- Permissions are implemented to the users in order to control the actions that they can execute to the system.
- Locks are put in inspections reports that have already being sent to majors in order to prevent changes. Only the authorized user (super user) can unlock the case in order to implement the required changes.
- The superintendent is assigned with user’s role in the system to maintain inspections & deficiencies, only in the vessels he/she is responsible for.